Author Topic: My application  (Read 5348 times)

Borr

My application
« on: February 20, 2007, 02:30:33 PM »
I have been playing GW for over a year now and have been through the same problems everyone has had groups falling apart, inactivity, ect.
What I'm looking for
?   A guild and/or alliance with focus on PvE moreso than PvP though a blend of both would be perfect.
?   A guild with central or eastern time zone players
?   Active members who are willing to help people with some of the high-end missions. (RoF island, Unwaking Waters, RoT)
?   A 'mature' community (18+)
?   Large, organized and active roster
What I'm not looking for
?   Manditory faction farming
?   Manditory contributions of gold/materials/items ect. (I'm always willing to give freebies to a guildie in need otherwise)
?   Overly Obsessive "PvE is for n00bs" PvP players
I have a family which means I am not on for eight hours a day and cannot be expected/required to be at certain events at certain times. I sometimes play in the early mornings (5am-7am) if  I have time, Some afternoons, and weekends, but mostly play nights 8-10pm central.

I don't really have a preference when it comes to alliance (Luxon/Kurzick)

What I have to offer
?   I've beaten all three campaigns at least once
?   I have a good feel for most missions and I'm always willing to lend a hand to anyone who needs it, all you have to do is ask and I'll be there
?   Access to all missions and outposts in all three continents
?   An open-minded attitude and a willingness to learn
Class Experience(PvE)

Above Average Experience - Monk, Ranger, Warrior
Moderate Experience -  Necromancer, Paragon, Mesmer, Ritualist, Elementalist
Limited to no Experience -  Assassin, Dervish

If this sounds like someone you would like to have in your guild let me know, my ign is Same Ol Borr

Offline sytxferryman

• Advisor
    • My Myspace
Re: My application
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 02:49:29 PM »
Welcome to the forums. 

I am no longer a officer due to time constraints so I cannot speak for them, but for myself.  Pretty much everything you described we do here in this guild and have from the beginning, I am one from the original Freelancer site http://earendilsplace.net/

The original founders of this were friends from another site still in existence and a game called Freelancer so the longevity you are looking for I would say is almost definitely here also. 

More general information about us can be found here http://boston.cadimus.net/content/view/17/36/

There also is no mandatory donations needed what so ever, as far as I know most here do not PvP, we don't look down on PvP at all just don't do it usually.  Also the term n00b is rarely used here, if ever at all that I can think of it would be a self describing term used by some in jest, we all were one once and still are in some aspect  ;D 

« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 02:51:29 PM by sytxferryman »
If you can read this thank a teacher, if your reading this in English thank a soldier...To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering

Offline jim

• easily entertained
  • You Gain a skill point (AGAIN)
    • myspace GW page
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 03:05:20 PM »
Welcome to our forums!

It really sounds like you'll fit in good around here.  We have everything you're looking for in a guild and nothing your not ;)

Feel free to look me or any of the other officers up in game.

my IGN: Jim of the Order
your neighborly friend from [EYE]

Offline Forbes

• GW2 materials collector
  • Advisor
  • Look me up on Steam!
  • Main GW2 Character: Little Forbes
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 03:18:12 PM »
Hi there! Thanks for stopping by.  As for your request, I think we can accommadate almost everything on your list.  We are primarily PvE, with some dabbling in PvP.  We have around 50 members, I'd say 35 are active (several days per week), and mostly have members in the central and eastern time zone.  As for the family, we totally understand that.  Many of us have families and or other time constraints so we don't have any type of mandatory farming, contributions, etc.  We do have optional organized events, and we try to help each other whenever we can.

If you want you can try contacting one of our officers in-game, as I am currently at home with my newborn son, and GW is on the back burner for a bit.  :)  Otherwise, one of them will try contacting you.

When push comes to shove, the monk is always right. - Forbes
The key to happiness is a bad memory - fortune cookie

Steam Profile:http://steamcommunity.com/id/forbesx

Offline jim

• easily entertained
    • myspace GW page
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 07:09:28 AM »
i'm sorry i missed you yesterday Borr.  I just got into Sorrows Furnace with a couple guildies when you PMed me.  When i finished you werent online anymore.

I'll be on tonight too, and i'll look for you.

Offline Borr1

• Diseased Devourer
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 11:50:49 AM »
I was just wondering if I got kicked, I could not log on and I could not get a password sent to my email address.

Offline Omega

• Webmasta'
  • Administrator
  • CadimusNET is a go
    • This is My site :)
  • Main GW2 Character: Baneblade Blackclaw
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2007, 12:36:17 PM »
I was just wondering if I got kicked, I could not log on and I could not get a password sent to my email address.

Not at all, The email function is having issues.
Webmaster of CadimusNET
Omega's Blog
DeviantART Gallery
Image Galleries: Picasa - Flickr - Imageshack

Offline Borr1

• Diseased Devourer
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2007, 11:03:29 PM »
i'm sorry i missed you yesterday Borr.  I just got into Sorrows Furnace with a couple guildies when you PMed me.  When i finished you werent online anymore.

I'll be on tonight too, and i'll look for you.

Well apparently I missed you as well tonight. I tried to message another officer but there were busy as well, I get  up at 4:30 am every morning so I go to sleep around 11pm. Well one more time and well see how it goes.

Offline Lurker

• Undead Skeleton
  • Echo Mending
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2007, 11:51:42 PM »
hey sorry to put you on hold. I'll sure to give you a holler next time I see you online  :-*
Generic Signature

Offline Borr1

• Diseased Devourer
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2007, 06:23:12 AM »
Wooooohoooooooooooo, I'm in  ;D. I hope to meet all of you and and be helpful.

Offline sytxferryman

• Advisor
    • My Myspace
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2007, 06:33:56 AM »
Wooooohoooooooooooo, I'm in  ;D. I hope to meet all of you and and be helpful.

Welcome to the guild  ;D  I'm sure you will love it here  8)
If you can read this thank a teacher, if your reading this in English thank a soldier...To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering

Offline jim

• easily entertained
    • myspace GW page
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2007, 07:51:52 AM »
Hey, welcome Borr.  Any questions dont hesitate to ask.

if you want to change you name to get rid of the 1, you can do it someplace in your profile options and preferences.

Cya round