Author Topic: GW2 Guild Name Change? Which Server?  (Read 4561 times)

Offline Omega

• Webmasta'
  • Administrator
  • CadimusNET is a go
    • This is My site :)
  • Main GW2 Character: Baneblade Blackclaw
GW2 Guild Name Change? Which Server?
« on: July 24, 2012, 10:44:07 PM »
We have the option to carry the legacy or start sort of fresh. Yay or nay? If so, suggestions on a new name?

A chance to play the last beta fell into my lap and what I saw was pretty damn good. Shinx and I will most definitely be there for the GW2 launch now.

I'm also taking the chance to clean the forums up a bit in preparation. Most old boards/posts will be in the archives in the last category on the index. The site redesign will probably happen between now and the launch.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 05:48:47 PM by Omega X »
Webmaster of CadimusNET
Omega's Blog
DeviantART Gallery
Image Galleries: Picasa - Flickr - Imageshack

Offline Hal

• Guild Officer
Re: GW2 Guild Name Change? Which Server?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 04:54:57 PM »
I say YEAH......Most of the Myth Alliane was going to Darkhaven..... However, I was unable to get into that server last beta weekend.

As to the name Change that would be up to some of the Older Members.   I realize that this Guild goes back to Freelancer and those member that have been here since that inception should have the final say.
   However, with that being said, I vote for a name change. Something in a GW2 flavor as the Guilds can comprise members of all the races.  For example, something like the Council of Allied Racial Entities  or C.A.R.E. for short, except cooler.

I would like to address the Leadership Issue. I am planning on moving over to GW2.  I have already purchased game and I have played the Aura, Norn and Char.  I have a bit of crafting but I did not get into detail for the guild choices.  However, you maybe a part of multiple Guilds....
      I suggest or would prefer to hand over the Guild Wars leadership to someone that will not be going over to GW2.  I have not been as active in Guild wars I would have liked but my real world responsabilities have put weighed my playtime.

Guild Wars  2:
     I would also like to the Boston Guild leadership over to someone that would be more active in Guild Wars 2.  Like I said earlier, me son is 9 and involved in cub scouts and I am his den leader.  Our new scounting year will begin soon and I will have 9-10 boys in den to manage and plan activities for.  My daughter should be a "daisy" in girl scouting or "brownies".
     So I am looking for an outstanding, happy, pleasant, resposible, and level headed replacement to lead our Guild into GW2 and get us started. 
     If you have not looked into the GW2 guild aspect this would ba a good time to look at it.  Individuals can be a member of multiple Guilds at one time but only have one "active".  There is a  guild bank and various options available.  Also you can "advertise in game" via a promoter to encourage membership.

Any thoughts / ideas suggetions. 

-Happy Hunting

Offline Forbes

• GW2 materials collector
  • Advisor
  • Look me up on Steam!
  • Main GW2 Character: Little Forbes
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 10:54:27 PM »
Well I guess I qualify as one of the older members.  Though I have to say I haven't played GW1 in years.  I have pre-ordered the game and plan on playing as time allows.  I would also agree on a name change to something more Guild Wars fitting.  I have no idea of what you want to do about the leadership issue.  I like Hal, have too many things going on in real life to be an active guild leader.  I plan on keeping some of my character names, so it should make it easier to find me on server, just let me know which server it will be.
When push comes to shove, the monk is always right. - Forbes
The key to happiness is a bad memory - fortune cookie

Steam Profile:http://steamcommunity.com/id/forbesx

Offline Omega

• Webmasta'
  • Administrator
  • CadimusNET is a go
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 10:37:10 PM »
I can take over as leader. But Its not known how long GW1 will remain in operation after GW2 launches. Also I would love to see some suggestions on a name. Otherwise I'll either just make one up or carry forward Boston Guild as is.
Webmaster of CadimusNET
Omega's Blog
DeviantART Gallery

Offline Forbes

• Advisor
  • Look me up on Steam!
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 12:19:07 AM »
Sadly, I haven't really followed the changes with different playable races or anything.  So I don't really have a great idea for a name.  I will look into it, and see if I come up with anything decent.

Offline sytxferryman

• Advisor
    • My Myspace
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 01:16:02 AM »
Same here as most I think. Been busy with RL. As much as I'd like to I know I have been extremely inactive and don't think my vote should count to much. It is a interesting coincidence ... I was in the hospital Sunday (work stuff, same o same o except the IVs actually bruise me now that I'm older) and thinking about Freelancer :) I'm going back outside the country until Thursday so probably no internet. My vote is those more current keep the torch in whatever way they see fit. Glad to see things are still going here.
If you can read this thank a teacher, if your reading this in English thank a soldier...To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering

Offline Animosity

• Obsessive Compulsive
  • BFLS Veteran
  • Friend of Boston
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 07:24:42 AM »
Hey there, I qualify as an old member and for sure an inactive one. I won't be playing GW2 although I have a few GW1 friends who are really twisting my arm to do so. I've been caught up in the very serious business of internet spaceships with EVEOnline for the last three years. Even so, I vote to carry on with the guild and change the name as you see fit.

Offline Omega

• Webmasta'
  • Administrator
  • CadimusNET is a go
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2012, 07:58:48 PM »
For a name, I was thinking of something like Dragon's Bane or Dragonsword(like Fiery Dragonsword), since GW2 is about hunting dragons. Or we could rename to Corsair like the pirates from Freelancer.

Also, Shinx and I were on Sorrow's Furnace for the Beta. If we plan to stick with the alliance, then Darkhaven would probably be the place we would go. Otherwise I vote Sorrow's Furnace.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 09:06:53 PM by Omega X »
Webmaster of CadimusNET
Omega's Blog
DeviantART Gallery

Offline Forbes

• Advisor
  • Look me up on Steam!
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2012, 12:36:34 AM »
Is there a meaningful difference between servers?  Also, does anyone in the guild still play with the alliance?

Offline Hal

• Guild Officer
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2012, 06:43:09 AM »
The different servers represent different worlds that cannot interact with except in PVP.  I tried getting into Darkhaven but it was full last beta test.  I am ok with Sorrows Furnace if we want to stick together. 
  Well I suggest we get a few new name Choices and put up a vote.  Dragon Bane is fine.  DB for short... people might think of Dragon Ball or Dragon Ball Z.  Which I am Ok with.  It would be interesting to pay homage to that enduring show.

-Hal
-Happy Hunting

Offline Omega

• Webmasta'
  • Administrator
  • CadimusNET is a go
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2012, 07:43:43 PM »
Hoping that we can drill this down soon. Launch is in a week(For prepurchase). Since there's only so many of us left, we can just vote through regular posts. I also need to adjust the code of conduct to make sure everything is updated for GW2.
Webmaster of CadimusNET
Omega's Blog
DeviantART Gallery

Offline Hal

• Guild Officer
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2012, 02:04:07 PM »
Anyway, since I just deleted my well thought out post here it is in a nutshell.

Panacea or Cathoicon covenant or something "cooler" to get people.  Whatever is Fine.  I will enter my first character as Spirit of the Mists (Norn Ranger).
-Happy Hunting

Offline Omega

• Webmasta'
  • Administrator
  • CadimusNET is a go
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2012, 04:42:48 PM »
Shinx suggested Knights Of Orr. But...they're all dead?
Webmaster of CadimusNET
Omega's Blog
DeviantART Gallery

Offline Hal

• Guild Officer
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2012, 07:30:20 PM »
Knights if Orr is a great idea.  Orr was risen by the dragons (er one dragon in particular).  I can see no reason we can fit some old lore of a decendent of the knighthood that has reformed or newly formed the group to retake the land.  If i remember correctly someone might enjoy writing some minor Lore.  After all i think there is someone in game that might be decended from Gwen and Thackery.
     http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rising_of_Orr

I am sure I can fit a nice one liner like: "You've just been KOed."

Orrian Knights is a variation.  "O.K. lets do this!"

I say Shinx has a nice idea.  It sounds cool and is easy on lips.
-Happy Hunting

Offline Forbes

• Advisor
  • Look me up on Steam!
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2012, 10:31:14 PM »
I like the name too. (Kinghts of Orr).  I'm okay with either server.  It's been forever since I've played with anyone in the alliance so a fresh start wouldn't make a difference to me.  Not sure which character names I will bring over, but I'll post once I get in game.  Trying to finish off my Swtor consular jedi before the launch, I barely have enough time to play one MMO, let alone two.