Author Topic: Major Changes (Part two)  (Read 3499 times)

Offline Lurker

• Undead Skeleton
  • Echo Mending
Major Changes (Part two)
« on: June 05, 2008, 06:53:24 PM »
(read the other topic first :p)

I will be stepping down as guild leader. In addition, I will be joining another guild. This was not because of all this alliance mess. I have been feeling like this for awhile now. Boston Guild was the only guild I've joined in Guild Wars. This to me speaks volume about its greatness. However, I feel it is time for a new scenery.

Being a leader of a guild was a good exprience for me; it was one of the reasons why I wanted to try it. It was not always pleasant. I started under unpleasant circumstances and this may also feel unpleasant. I don't think it has to be. Considered that this guild has been around for almost three years. It has changed leaders many times and countless people coming and going. It has endured and getting better each time. Yet there was little arguments and we had a lot of fun.
Think of other guilds that barely survive past their first week... first day. I think it is better to have it end when we choose to; rather than forced in some way.

Excuse if that was too philosphical but I felt the need to pay my respect it deserves.
--
So what does this mean for the future of this guild? It will never disband; even if I have to buy another account to save the name. Instead, it given to care takers: Forbes and Omega. They will keep the guild going even if in name-only. But there will not be any members being recruited or events planned.
The website will stay up for the foreseeable future. I encourage everyone to still come here as place to chat Or even start some ingame events.

I know many of you will decide to leave. In which case, I wish the best of you in the future. But don't forget the friends you've made here. Keep in touch :D
Generic Signature

Offline Ariena

• [NH] Guild
  • Spellbreaker
Re: Major Changes (Part two)
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 03:02:59 PM »
I spoke to Moon about this already, but I will be leaving as well.  BG doesn't have the same feel it used to for me, and BG doesn't really need me around.  I wish those who stay as well as those who leave the best of luck in their future aspirations.  I just finished cleaning out my friends list... and there are no players I'd rather have on their than some of you guys.  I nearly quit GW before joining BG, and since then I've kept interested and motivated because of the great atmosphere and wonderful guildies like you guys.  I want to keep in touch with you guys!
New Horizon Guild Leader
Guru Explorer's League Moderator

I miss you guys!

Offline Forbes

• GW2 materials collector
  • Advisor
  • Look me up on Steam!
  • Main GW2 Character: Little Forbes
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 03:09:41 PM »
I'd like to wish both of you the best of luck.  We'll still be around as long as the servers are up, and who knows there might be a revival when GW2 comes around.

As for the recruiting stance, I'd like to clarify, we will not be actively recruiting, but if someone you know in-game or out-game, relative or good friend that you would like to play with and be in the guild they will be welcome as long as they respect the remaining members.

When push comes to shove, the monk is always right. - Forbes
The key to happiness is a bad memory - fortune cookie

Steam Profile:http://steamcommunity.com/id/forbesx

Offline elastoplast.lady

• [WILD] Guild
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 04:32:44 PM »

*snip*

In which case, I wish the best of you in the future. But don't forget the friends you've made here. Keep in touch :D

I suspect Moon may have found this difficult to write, but I applaud Moon's comments and sentiment. As you are probably aware WILD has left the alliance. I'd like to take this opportunity to echo what Moon has said, but from WILDs point of view. We harbour no grudges, feel ill of anyone, and cherrish the times we have had together, (on a personal note, kicking the hell out of FoW, before all this Ursan rubbish) we wish you all the best in your future endavours. Moon and BG, if you ever need us, you know our names, don't be afriad to ask.  But for the moment, life has many journeys, paths and roads, and although they must be part....travel well all.

Ela
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 04:44:40 PM by elastoplast.lady »

Offline Ariena

• [NH] Guild
  • Spellbreaker
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 07:56:42 PM »
I'm changing my position on leaving the guild.  Currently, speaking with the other alliance leaders, I've come to the conclusion that this is not the right time to make a decision such as leaving the guild.  The conclusion has been made that no serious decisions relating to BG's future with the MYTH alliance should be made for a interim period of approximately two weeks.  During this time, we should try and get back on our feet and discuss our future goals for BG.
New Horizon Guild Leader
Guru Explorer's League Moderator

I miss you guys!

Offline Forbes

• GW2 materials collector
  • Advisor
  • Look me up on Steam!
  • Main GW2 Character: Little Forbes
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 08:20:25 PM »
Well I'm trying to load into the game right now to talk ya'll all, but it may be christmas by the time my downloading is finished. 

I guess the one thing I am confused with is that Ariena you were leaving because of the loss of the alliance then?
When push comes to shove, the monk is always right. - Forbes
The key to happiness is a bad memory - fortune cookie

Steam Profile:http://steamcommunity.com/id/forbesx