Author Topic: Really old member wants to return.  (Read 3163 times)

Offline Animosity

• Obsessive Compulsive
  • BFLS Veteran
  • Friend of Boston
Really old member wants to return.
« on: November 12, 2009, 06:39:18 AM »
Ok, I'm not really old - well, maybe I am, it's all relative anyway but I was one of the founding members way back when and I'm looking to return. Here are the obligatory questions and answers

1. Your timezone: I'm in EST - Eastern USA
2. What type of things you like to do in GW: I like to PvE mostly but I do enjoy Ft. Aspenwood and sometimes Jade Quarry. I farm some titles but only casually. For as long as I've been playing I should have higher ones but I don't even have 5 maxed yet on any of my characters. I'm not super informed on the latest build or metagame or whatever you call it. I have some builds that I've developed that work for me and others that I've borrowed. I'm interested in learning though.
3. Anything funny or interesting about you. If not, briefly mention what you do outside of guildwars: I actually STILL play Freelancer  :crazy:
4. The games you've played: If you mean in the GW series I have two accounts with all three campaigns plus EoTN on each
5. Pass guild expriences (no names please!): When I left BG I spent many years in heavy RP guilds. I was an officer in one when we were selected as one of ANET's Guilds of the week. At this point my interest in RP has diminished and I just want a place where I can casually play when my schedule allows and get assistance when I need it without having to endure mindless PUGs.

Additioanally, my hours of availability are usually 7 pm EST through about 10:30pm weekdays (I work REALLY early) Weekends are variable but generally I can start earlier and finish a little later.

In game names for my two accounts: Brockensils Voice and Lewis Primara
You can contact me here or in game or both. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Offline Ariena

• [NH] Guild
  • Spellbreaker
Re: Really old member wants to return.
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 04:48:04 PM »
Hi, I think I joined too late to meet you, but better late than never right?

I think you'll find the Guild has changed a lot since were a member, and I'd very much like to talk to you in-game.  I'll be on the lookout for both your accounts =)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 04:50:50 PM by Ariena »
New Horizon Guild Leader
Guru Explorer's League Moderator

I miss you guys!

Offline MagusRex

• Advisor
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 01:09:50 AM »
Hiya Prime,

I'm still here and still have Sara in my friends list from so long ago.  I see you on occasionally but my playing times don't match with you too well.  It's good to hear from you and sometimes you can catch Omega or even Styx on.  As for answering questions in your template, here it goes.

1)  I'm in EST - NYC area, playing times usually nightime 12am - 2am.  sometimes during the day 8am - 2pm but will be AFK quite often without changing my status.  2 kids make playing time very variable.

2)  I'm mostly PvE but I also do FA and JQ.  I play my ranger, Ellsbeth, most of the time but have 1 of every char on my acct plus PvP chars to store my stuff.  I've been doing mostly Z-quests for coins to get equip packs for my toons (so I can store even more stuff). 

3)  I'm currently a stay home dad with 2 kids, my outside life is non-existant for now.  But it's never a dull moment at home! 

4)  Games I play currently:  GW - one acct with 14 toons and access to all GW areas,  Sins of a Solar Empire.  X3:Reunion.
Game I haven't played in a while:  UO, Freelancer (haven't played since earendil shut down his server), Galactic Civilizations, Mass Effect.

5)  BG is not usually a very active guild in itself but is part of an Kurzick alliance with a lot of good helpful people.  I have played with a bunch of them doing missions or quests for someone who needed it and it was a good time for all.  Ariena, our current guild leader, is experienced on both the PvE and PvP sides.  I attended a PvP scrimmage that he organized with people from our alliance and it was a great deal of fun.  PvP has different energy than PvE, like flying my Stiletto against an Eagle, I died a lot but I learned something and had fun.  I wouldn't mind doing more PvP like that but RL won't let me.

Offline sytxferryman

• Advisor
    • My Myspace
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 07:07:02 PM »
really REALLY late to post, but yes I am still around here  ;D  I don't get online to much anymore, but am trying to make room for it soon. 

1)- Central

2)- Haven't in ages, I know I log on from time to time but its just to refresh things. 

3)- No way to make it short.  Haven't been working for over a year :o  Took a vacation after some contracts I had during Ike and just never went back.  Spending my time now taking the keys away from my dad and torturing him in his house (his own words) you try telling someone that doesn't want to admit there old and having heart attacks and blacking out they can't drive anymore, and add that he is 290 and solid like a tank from oil field work and it gets really ugly fast.  Finally moved into a house and am looking to STAY.  Unpacked boxes I hadn't unpacked in years as I knew I would just keep moving before.  It's weird but nice.  Perhaps now I will have a town I can really say I am a local in.. haven't done that in over 20 years.   Also the wife is slowly getting into gaming (this one's ALLOT harder to get into it than the previous gf's I had but in-between me and her gf we convinced her to do it).  I'm starting her out on Fable TLC on PC for now.  The wife is afraid of me getting shot again so don't know if I will go back to armed contracts anymore.  I was actually thinking about cabinet making... there is a factory here that hires entry level and has all benefits and I don't have to kick anyone's butt on a regular basis, process illegals or deal with drunks :P  The pay is about a third but its MUCH easier work and has lots of holidays, just don't know what to do with all this gear from work.

4)- Just finished Borderlands (Pc), Dragon Age (Pc).  Working on Zelda on the Wii but not to actively, probably 2 hours a week.  Awaiting Fallout:New Vegas, Metro 2033, Stalker: Call of Pripyat (for the US) and of course Diablo 3 I can't wait for.  Want to get Metroid Prime: Corruption or whatever it's called, keep forgetting when I go to the local store.  There are a few more but I can't remember their names, you know how bad my memory is and I am older now so its just imagine :P Also the wife wants to try WoW so dusting off my characters from there after 4 years of inactivity.

5)- To long to remember actually, been THAT long since I was online actively. 

Good to hear from you prime, I think of the old Freelancer days to much actually.  I think Frobozz is still on lansdale last I looked, the rest of us are kinda waaaaaay scattered far and wide. 
If you can read this thank a teacher, if your reading this in English thank a soldier...To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering