Author Topic: GW was nice while i was Scav Hunting  (Read 3992 times)

Offline jim

• easily entertained
  • You Gain a skill point (AGAIN)
    • myspace GW page
GW was nice while i was Scav Hunting
« on: March 05, 2007, 07:57:14 AM »
these are some of the good drops i got while looking for items in the Scavenger Hunt list, and the happened to all be bows.

The mods were changed (well, maybe not all of them) to what you see in the pics.

The Dragon Bow and Grinning Bow are dyed white and look pretty cool imo!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 10:18:23 AM by jim »
your neighborly friend from [EYE]

Offline BiGT

• Gym lover
  • River Drake
Re: GW was nice while i was Scav Hunting
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 12:37:38 PM »
That Flatbow is really nice...  How do i get my hands on one? Any idea what they cost in game?
You Know!

Offline jim

• easily entertained
    • myspace GW page
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 01:29:56 PM »
a quick look on guru revealed that you can buy 1 for 35k-42k

Drago's Flatbow

he's one of those bosses in Sorrow's Furnace, i tried soloing him after i killed the mobs around him but couldnt, i need a different build i guess.  He causes bleeding and uses Troll Unguent like crazy, i tried a 105 monk with:

Illusionary Weaponry[e]
PS
Shield of Absord
Conjure Phantasm

And i could cause enough damage cuz i was trying to counter the degen from bleeding too much.  I think hexes might be better using Emapthy or Spiteful Spirit[e].  But if you had 2 people to kill him it would be much easier.  A ranger to interupt his Troll and cause dmg and a tank to cause additional dmg and maybe even drain his energy.  He is a pain though, lol.

Offline sytxferryman

• Advisor
    • My Myspace
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 01:54:24 PM »
Yes, I love Drago's Flatbow.  A friend in the guild gave me one for my first ranger as she farm's TONS.  You actually can get allot more for them, back then anyways.  She said, I believe, they went on the auctions for 50-100k depending on how bad/fast the user wanted them. 

I LOVE the looks on that Icy Grinning Recurve Bow of Defense though.  That is really amazing  ;D

If you can read this thank a teacher, if your reading this in English thank a soldier...To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering

Offline buyaa

• Bostonian
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 02:22:35 PM »

I LOVE the looks on that Icy Grinning Recurve Bow of Defense though.  That is really amazing  ;D

I agree I think that may be the coolest bow skin in the game, just because every time you kill an enemy you're sticking your toungue out at him  :P
"THIS IS MY FIREBALL. THERE ARE MANY LIKE IT, BUT THIS ONE IS MINE. MY FIREBALL IS MY BEST FRIEND. IT IS MY LIFE. I MUST MASTER IT AS I MASTER MY LIFE. MY FIREBALL, WITHOUT ME, IS USELESS. WITHOUT MY FIREBALL, I AM USELESS."

Offline BiGT

• Gym lover
  • River Drake
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007, 02:24:45 PM »
Thanks for the reply Jim.  I've been using a bow build with my Ritualist lately in PvP.

Channeling 14
Beast Mastery 10
Marksmanship 10

Shortbow 15>50 +26 health Max Damage

Tigers Fury
Spirit Rift
Lamentation
Favorable Winds
Barrage [e]
Splinter Weapon
Wielders Strike (i think that's the name)
Bloodsong or Whatever skill I want

I do more damage than a ranger does to a group of 4 to 6 with that Splinter Weapon up so high.  You can really do a massive amount of damage to a group when every barrage arrow hits.  That bow would just be icing on the cake =)

I've considered using Dual Shot with Nightmare weapon... don't know how effective that'll be though (you only get 3 uses out of nightmare weapon).
You Know!

Offline jim

• easily entertained
    • myspace GW page
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2007, 02:29:18 PM »
I do more damage than a ranger does to a group of 4 to 6 with that Splinter Weapon up so high.  You can really do a massive amount of damage to a group when every barrage arrow hits.  That bow would just be icing on the cake =)

I've considered using Dual Shot with Nightmare weapon... don't know how effective that'll be though (you only get 3 uses out of nightmare weapon).

NICE COMBO, i'll have to try it, finally something for my rit to get psyched about!

Offline VGJustice

• Sand Worm
  • That Man.
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2007, 12:14:11 PM »
Ah, Drago's Flatbow. That's not the only item he drops by the way. He also has a Vampiric version which is a Longbow despite being called a Flatbow.

That's what I've got. Very nice weapon.
Tanstaafl!
~ There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch!